Business Models: Overview
- Wholesale Telephony
- Wholesale transit traffic exchange is a base of whole VoIP industry. VoIP traffic transit service is supplied by transit telecom operators in a chain-like manner, until the actual call reaches VoIP termination provider and is successfully terminated to local PSTN network.
- Retail Telephony
- Any VoIP activities start from retail sales of telecom services to end-users. There are many methods of delivering a retail service, most notable are: DID sales and management, office telephony, local telecom provisioning, virtual telecom networks, PC-to-Phone and Phoneto-PC, etc.
- PSTN Termination
- PSTN termination is what connects VoIP with classic telephony. In fact, it is almost the same as usual wholesale termination in VoIP, the only difference is that such business model requires specific equipment (with TDM / ISDN protocol support) and termination is done right into PSTN network.
- Switch Partitioning
- Switch partitioning or outsourced switching is fairly new to VoIP industry, but already proved itself as solid business model. Plainly speaking – you create some leasable facilities based on your equipment, and rent them, allowing other companies / people to conclude their own type of VoIP business.
- Calling Cards
- Provisioning of calling cards or phone cards, is a type of pre-paid service, that allows your customers to make cheap long distance calls (local or international). There are no monthly bills, no detailed statements or longstanding subscriptions. The customer simply pays for calling time in advance and is free to make any calls within that balance limit.
- Call Shops
- Call shop is a place-based privately owned retail VoIP business, that enables customers to make calls at a significantly lower rates than through PSTN networks. A call shop can be situated in key locations of a city, or in specific places such as hotels, restaurants, cafes, universities, supermarkets, schools etc.
- Your own Business Idea!
- JeraSoft VCS is well-known for it’s versatility, but now we can offer a new degree of omnitude – we present you JeraSoft VCS Application Server. Utilizing all possible functions and standards of XML-RPC API, the Application Server allows you to implement any possible or impossible billing or business scenario...
Nicole Rodionoff, Blacksun Communications, Inc.
«BillBery was it!. We had outgrown our old platform, and needed a flexible and powerful new system. We did a lot of research and found in BillBery what we were looking for...»
read more success stories...